You can find me following a country road or wherever you stop a spinning globe with your finger.

10 October, 2006

Country

I haven't written much, lately, about any traveling. Well, I did make it out of the country recently. We discovered that Tuesday (last week) was a German national holiday. It was Unity Day, so every single shop was closed in Germany, it seemed like. We had the day off from school, so we were split between going to Koblenz (a free trip with our rail cards from school) or to the City/Country Luxembourg. It was raining pretty much all day, and with the closure in Germany, we decided to go with Luxembourg with the hopes that we might find something to do inside, escaping the rain.

The ticket was only 8 Euro; excellent price for a return ticket (two-way). We walked around town and found some places to shop and a Mexican restaurant to eat at. Next to London, Luxembourg is the most expensive city in all of Europe. But it was very well-maintained and clean. So aside from the rather expensive... everything, it was a great trip. I didn't buy anything but lunch, so I mostly took pictures and looked at stuff.



















This is taken from a bridge that doesn't go over water. Under it is apparantly some kind of park.























This is basically just a cool-looking building. I don't know what it is, but I liked it.

















This is a little panorama of some palace and a tower. The Luxembourg (I think) flag is on the left. I thought it was pretty, these two buildings. Kinda shows the "high society" of Europe, it seems.

From Dylon With Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home