You can find me following a country road or wherever you stop a spinning globe with your finger.

08 October, 2006

When We Leave The Ones We Love

How does one express how they truly feel about the people they love the most? You can say that you love them, but you can also say that you love ice cream or the 427 Hemi. It's hard to describe the way that you feel toward your family. Having said that, I have decided that I will say something different. To my family, the people that I care more for than anything else, and who care more about me than almost any other person ever could, you are irreplaceable. There will never, ever be anyone that could ever take your places.

My mother. This woman has endeared more than any person I've every met. I sit in my dorm, knowing that this month, I will not experience any of the stress that she will tomorrow before the lunch break that she doesn't actually have. Mom. I admire you more than anyone in the world. I admire your spirit, your will, and your relationship with the heroic man that is my father. It is quite simple; you will be in my heart forever.






I really hope that Mom doesn't mind this picture, because it's my favorite. :) It's from her birthday party and to me, she looks just like she did when I was a baby. Love you Mom.
To my father. This is a bit of a touchy subject for me to write about, as my relationship with my father is honestly, the best relationship of mine than with any other person. My dad is the guy I've looked up to ever since I was a kid. He is the most self-sacrificing person I've ever met. When he left the bank, a job he really enjoyed, or so I've been told, to do lawn care so that my brother and I would not have to go to a daycare or stay home and get into trouble, I saw what it really means to be a good person. When I think of what kind of life I want for myself, I think of my dad standing in the back yard with Mom and the DOG, knowing that they did it right. I want to be like that. I want to do it right.













This is my favorite picture of my dad. He probably won't like it, but it really does show his greatness. It's not about how much money you have or make or spend. It's about enjoying life with those you hold dearest. And dad, you make the list.


For my brother. I remember the day Bryon was born, quite vividly. I was spending the day with my grandma Nelson, taking a nap on "rattles blanket", her wearing a light blue robe. I snuck into the hospital room, wanting to surprise the family and new baby, and that was the first time I laid eyes on the ugly little thing that would grow into my best friend forever. We fought all the time, as kids, but also played rather well together. When we got older, we got closer and closer. Now, we're both entering the adult part of life, and he's become my best friend, hands down. He's my homee, my brother in arms, and my brother. Thick or thin, we have a bond that can't be broken. Right or wrong, I'll always back him up, and I know he would do the same thing. If he gets himself into a bit of a scrap, no matter what the circumstances are, I'll be there. 20 on 1 will never happen for him, because it will always be 20 on 2. And I like 'dem odds.



This is a motorcycle ride into the Big Meadows. The little miner's cabin behind us is gone now, burned up in a forest fire. Though it may be gone, we'll never forget it, or the ride. And I'll never forget you, bro-han.

I love my family.




Your son and brother,


Dylon Chord Starry






From Dylon With Love

1 Comments:

Blogger Ace Starry said...

Nice pics of you guys. I'm sure your Dad really likes that one. Not.

7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home